Monday Motivation. 7 Ways to Slay your Day!
"Monday's are the worst!" Something heard or said often. Monday wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't the start of the week and end of the weekend. Whether you work, you're a stay at home mom/dad, or a student, the weekend is usually a time for leisure and fun, that no one really looks forward to ending. There's no time like leisure time! Isn't that one of the reasons people work so hard?
Responsibilities like work, caring for family/kids, kids extracurricular activities, cooking, and and the like are all a part of day to day life and not going away. What's needed to make Slay Mondays is a Monday Management Plan. A plan that will help make Mondays less stressful and more productive because it's probably too late to make you like Monday or make it your favorite day.
- What bothers you most about Monday? Make a list with 3 columns. At the top of column one, give it the title, Problem. For column number two, details, and column number three, Solution. On Monday, of course, throughout the day add the things that bothers you to this chart. Try not to prioritize anything, but try to be very thorough and detailed with your list, being careful not to leave out anything.
- Prepare for Monday ahead of time. When it comes to work and for those who do work Monday through Friday, try to prepare for Monday by having all your work done the previous week. There's nothing worse than feeling overwhelmed, so do your part and stop procrastinating on work and projects and try to address issues as they come up and not wait until it's become a problem, to add unnecessary stress to your day and life.
- Start your day with self affirmations. Remind yourself of the beauty you possess, the intellect you hold, and so on. Like my mama always told me, "you have to toot your own horn sometimes. Don't wait around for other people's approval." Know your worth and your value. Whether you write them down say them out loud, it's what works for you.
- Go to bed early, get optimum rest. Lack of sleep will cause anyone to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Set yourself up for success and get adequate sleep at night, especially Sunday nights. When you sleep you allow your body time to heal, rest, recover, and rebuild. You want to wake up feeling energized and not tired and lethargic.
- Keep your schedule light. Don't put on yourself more than you can handle. Try not to over do it. Step 2 says to prepare ahead of time and not to procrastinate, but at the same time, you want to find balance. Try to balance your daily activities so that you're no too swamped each day. Plan ahead for success later.
- Dress for success. Dress up and show that you feel confident and ready for the day. The way you dress is a direct reflection of how you feel or in some cases, it's a reflection of how you want to feel. Be the light for others with your wonderful presence.
- Eat Breakfast. Breakfast is the first meal of the day and one of the most important. Eating is about fueling the body with energy and you should always start everyday with a balanced meal. Eating breakfast will help level hormones and maintain a healthy blood sugar.
- Motivation Monday. Use Monday to your advantage. It's the beginning of the week and for some it's an opportunity to start over or to reboot. Do as much as you can without overwhelming yourself. Accomplish tasks that need to be done and throughout the week continue to do the same. By Friday, maybe Thursday, you won't have to work so hard and the focus can shift to, staying on top of tasks and always being ready ahead of time. The same way you can lighten your load to have a more relaxing end of the week, is the same way you can use that spare time to make sure your Monday is light and stress free too.
For the most part, life is what we make it. You can choose to be unhappy, and complain, or find a way to make your life more manageable. Always focus on the part you play in a situation, and then do your part to keep everything on point.