10 Benefits of an Effective Functional Fitness ProgramSeptember 9, 2018
According to the CDC, physical activity can improve your overall health. But only about 1 In 5 adults meet the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines. The leading causes of death in the U.S. is chronic disease. Lack of exercise puts one at risk to a cluster of metabolic diseases. At the same time, regular moderate to vigorous physical activity can reduce the risk of metabolic diseases.
An effective functional fitness program will:
- Prevent Chronic Disease or Dysfunction.
- Prevent/Correct Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- Manage and Reduce Borderline Health Conditions.
- Help with post rehabilitation training.
- Helps with reduction of or elimination of borderline conditions that can be reversed.
- Improves psychological profile.
- Improves sleep quality and duration.
- Reduce body fat and maintain a healthy body fat.
- Improves the cardiovascular system.
- Energy expenditure.
On The Flip Side:
Most chronic diseases are caused by a short list of risk behaviors:
- Tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Poor nutrition including diets low in fruits and vegetables and high in sodium and saturated fats.
- Lack of physical activity.
- Excessive alcohol use.
By: Camlin Oliver Jackson, Advanced Health & Fitness Coach